Walsall Carers Hub’s information and advice service, delivered by Midland Mencap is available to anyone in Walsall caring for someone who could not cope without their support.Read More
Information and Advice
A Carer is anyone, including children and adults, who looks after a family member, partner or friend who needs help because of their illness, frailty, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction and who cannot cope without their support. The care they give is unpaid. There are around 9 million unpaid Carers in the UK.
Walsall Carers Hub’s information and advice service, delivered by Midland Mencap is available to anyone in Walsall caring for someone who could not cope without their support. Our specialist team provides the following:
- Information and advice line
- One to one support – such as welfare entitlements
- Accessing grants and carer breaks (subject to availability)
- Training for carers
- Carer support groups
- Wellbeing provision, for some ‘me-time’ away from caring
- Signposting to other agencies who can assist carers
- Online communities through our Facebook and Twitter channels
Accessing our Support and Services
To find out more, register or access our services, you can get in touch with our friendly team on 01922 616 798 or email info @walsallcarershub.org.uk. Alternatively, you can write to us or come to our Carer drop-in on Mondays and Wednesdays, 10.00 am – 1.00pm at the address below.